WE’VE PASSED THE TOUGHEST TESTS IN THE INDUSTRY
FOR INDOOR AIR QUALITY – SO YOU CAN, TOO!
Fiberglas™ insulation has been on the market for more than 65 years. Invented by Owens Corning in the 1930s, fiber glass is one of the most tested products on the market, and in third-party certification, meets strict indoor air quality guidelines set by world leading organizations. This means you can specify our products with confidence and know that not only are you using the brand that’s preferred seven to one over any other brand, but that PINK is TRULY green. Owens Corning fi berglass batt insulation meets, among others, the following indoor air quality guidelines:
• GREENGUARD – The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute sets their standards based on guidelines from the EPA, the World Health Organization, OSHA, the State of Washington, and the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED-CI program. GREENGUARD is an independent thirdparty organization, which provides a guide to low-emitting interior products and building materials – a seal of approval you can trust.
• GREENGUARD CHILDREN AND SCHOOLSSM The tough new GREENGUARD Certification for Children & Schools is an extension to the established GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification Program SM to more effectively protect children from exposure to high levels of potentially harmful chemicals. The new standard takes the sensitive nature of school populations and the unique building characteristics and maintenance conditions found in schools into consideration and presents the most rigorous product emissions criteria to date.
• CARB – The California Air Resources Board (CARB) works with the public, businesses, and local governments to protect the public’s health, the economy, and the state’s ecological resources through the reduction of air pollution. CARB relies on the state’s Section 1350 specifications developed for environmental and public health considerations for sustainable building projects.
• CHPS – California’s Collaborative for High Performance Schools also relies on the state’s Section 1350 specifications to set indoor air quality guidelines. The collaborative’s goal is to facilitate the design of high performance schools: environments that are not only energyeffi cient, but also healthy, comfortable, well lit, and containing the amenities needed for a quality education – a top priority for the state, which educates one out of every eight students in America.
SAVE MONEY, SAVE ENERGY, HELP SAVE THE PLANET
Superior Acoustical Performance
SelectSound Black acoustic blanket provides excellent acoustical performance for walls in multiplex theaters, sound studios and performing arts centers. SelectSound Black acoustic blanket is also ideal for use above suspended metal ceiling systems. Depending on specified thickness, SelectSound Black acoustic blanket absorbs up to 100% of the sound striking its surface. SelectSound Black acoustic blanket helps provide the highest quality audio reproduction by reducing sound reverberation within spaces. Sound transfer from space to space is also noticeably reduced.
Durable Material Composition
SelectSound Black acoustic blanket is dimensionally stable and will not shrink or warp. The blanket’s resilient composition resists job-site damage. Composed of inorganic glass fibers, SelectSound Black acoustic blanket will not rot or mildew and is noncorrosive to steel, copper and aluminum.
Fast, High Quality Installation
This wider product improves job site productivity and requires less seams. Lightweight and resilient, SelectSound Black acoustic blanket is easy to handle, fabricate and install. Both stick pins and adhesives can be used to secure insulation to drywall, concrete block or precast concrete.
SelectSound Black acoustic blanket is available in standard thicknesses of 1" and 2". A 1 1/2" thickness is available through special order. The 1" and 1 1/2" product is available in 72" W x 70' L rolls, while the 2" product is available in a 72" W x 50' L roll.
All Black Wool with Black Mat Finish
SelectSound Black acoustic blanket is an all black wool product with a black mat surface. It is excellent for eliminating light reflections while providing superior acoustical performance.
Acoustical performance of interior surfaces can generally be improved by increasing product thickness. SelectSound Black acoustic blanket can be specified for use in conjunction with other Owens Corning acoustical material to provide additional performance.
SelectSound Black acoustic blanket complies with the property requirements of ASTM C 553, Type III, 250°F maximum use temperature. The noise reduction coefficients of SelectSound Black acoustic blanket were derived from tests conducted in accordance with ASTM C 423 on a Type A mounting. Meets New York City MEA No.306-03-M.
Physical Property DATA
SelectSound Black acoustic blanket can be installed on drywall, concrete block or precast concrete using impaling pins or appropriate adhesives. When installing insulation with adhesive, follow adhesive manufacturer’s recommendations for surface preparation and pattern. When using impaling pins, follow the pin manufacturer’s recommendations for surface preparation, location and amount of pins. Pin length should be selected to ensure tight fit. Where subject to physical contact, protect pin tips. Keep product dry during shipping, storage and installation.
* When wet, coated surfaces in contact with galvanized steel may cause discoloration of the sheet metal.
** The surface burning characteristics of these products have been determined in accordance with UL 723 and CAN/ULC-S102-M. These standards should be used to measure and describe the properties of materials, products or assemblies in response to heat and flame under controlled laboratory conditions and should not be used to describe or appraise the fire hazard or fire risk of materials, products or assemblies under actual fire conditions. However, results of this test may be used as elements of a fire risk assessment which takes into account all of the factors which are pertinent to an assessment of the fire hazard of a particular end use. Values are reported to the nearest 5 rating.
Tested Values – SelectSound Black Acoustic Blanket
Sound Absorption Coefficients (ASTM C 423, Type “A” Mounting)
* ASTM C518
These data were collected using a limited sample size and are not absolute values. Reasonable tolerances must therefore be applied. All tests were conducted in accordance with ASTM C 423, Type A mounting (material placed against a solid backing such as a block wall). Owens Corning Granville Science & Technology Acoustics Lab is National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) approved.